So it seems my particular brand of waffle has won me another award, the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you very much to the talented Marie Ann at http://1writeway.com/ for the nomination – I really appreciate it!
And now for the science bit: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My nominations are:
And now, 7 things about me:
1. I’ve just eaten my last smuggled Toffypop so it’s back to Latvian biscuits for the foreseeable future. Sigh.
2. This made me laugh today. Me: (to an Advanced English class) Can you think of an abstract noun that ends with the suffix -hood? Student: Robin Hood?
4. Speaking of Cēsis, my recent trip has reaffirmed what I already knew. I do not enjoy climbing towers. Lanterns do not add to the experience.
5. Around 5 minutes after I’ve left my flat, I always have to look at my feet to reassure myself that I have indeed changed out of my slippers.
6. I have now been greeted with ‘Hey, you’re the Blog Lady!’ at several social occasions. So now when Latvians stare at me in the street, I’m afraid that they’re not looking at my lack of leopard print but rather plotting ways to take down ‘the Blog Lady’…
7. I have never seen a postcard that outright lied to me before so I just had to buy this…
Thanks again to Marie Ann and congratulations to my fellow Versatile Bloggers! I’ll try to send everyone a message over the next couple of days. (Copying and pasting all those links has taken me about 4 hours as my computer does not like multiple windows being open at the same time, so a couple of days to send 15 messages seems about right…)